Sunday, June 29, 2008

I hiked today...without rock climbing as a goal...

Crazy as it may seem, and I definitely don't understand what has gotten into me, but I went hiking today with Drew up a hill called Twin Sisters. This is actually the first time that I think I have hiked this summer with out having rock climbing as a end goal of the hike and it actually felt really nice. The hike round trip was 3.7 miles with 2000 ft. of elevation gain and we managed it in just under one hour. We were hauling. During relatively flat portions of the hike we actually decided to run so we could get the best exercise possible. Thank goodness for that though because now I'm exhausted. I think I'll be climbing tomorrow so no more of this discordia. Here are some pictures from today!

On a little pull off where everyone obivously takes pictures...so I did as well:


On the top with Longs Peak in the background:

No comments: